When To Go
High Season (Jul & Aug)
- Tourist numbers surge across Indonesia, from Bali to Sulawesi and beyond.
- Room rates can spike by 50%.
- Dry season except in Maluku and Papua, which are rainy.
Shoulder (May, Jun & Sep)
- Dry season outside Maluku and Papua.
- Best weather in Java, Bali and Lombok (dry, not so humid).
- You can travel more spontaneously.
Low Season (Oct–Apr)
- Wet season in Java, Bali and Lombok (and Kalimantan flowers).
- Dry season (best for diving) in Maluku and Papua.
- Easy to find deals and you can travel with little advance booking (except at Christmas and New Year).