When to Go
High Season (Jul, Aug & Dec)
- Accommodation rates increase by 50% or more.
- Many hotels are booked far ahead; the best restaurants need to be booked in advance.
- Christmas and New Year are equally expensive and crowded.
Shoulder (May, Jun & Sep)
- Coincides with the best weather (drier, less humid).
- You may find a good room deal, and last-minute bookings are possible.
- Best time for many activities, including diving.
Low Season (Jan–Apr, Oct & Nov)
- Deals everywhere, good airfares.
- Rainy season – though rainfall is never excessive.
- Can do most activities except volcano treks.