Information from G Adventures
Legend has it that colour film was invented specifically to capture the vibrancy of India. (Okay, we made that up, but still.) This adventure offers a look at the history and heritage of this land, bringing you to the imperial Mughal cities of Agra and New Delhi, stunning capitals of the former princely states—home to sprawling haveli and Rajput-era palaces—and rural Rajasthan villages and fortified towns untouched by time. And with private transport and unique accommodation throughout, you'll feel a little like royalty yourself.
- Your G for Good Moment: City Walk, Delhi Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer included through Women on Wheels, a G Adventures-supported project
- Walking tour and visit to a G Adventures-supported Delhi Streetkids Project
- Orientation tour of Colonial Delhi
- Tour of frescoed Havelis of Shekhawati
- Visit Junagarh Fort and the Deshnoke Rat Temple
- Visit Mehrangarh Fort and Clock Tower
- Excursion to rural hamlets of Chandelaogarh and Jojawar
- Explore Udaipur including City Palace, Jagdish Temple and Pichola Lake boat tour
- Visit Ranakpur Jain Temples
- Explore Jaipur including City Palace and Amber Fort
- Visit Fatehpur Sikri, Taj Mahal and the Red Fort Agra
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Experience the regal lifestyle by staying in heritage homes and rural palaces
- Explore stunning forts and intriguing local markets
- Discover rural indian culture in hamlets and villages
- Walk through delhi's backstreets with a young adult guide taking part in a program to help get kids off the street
Day 1: Delhi Arrive in Delhi at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Delhi/Mandāwa Take a walk through the backstreets with a young adult taking part in the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Continue on to Colonial New Delhi for an orientation tour then drive to Mandawa village.
Day 3: Mandāwa/Bīkāner Start the day with a walking tour of Mandawa then drive to Bikaner and stay in a heritage hotel. Visit the town's colourful markets and havelis. Option to visit a camel breeding centre.
Day 4: Bīkāner Visit Junagarh Fort, the infamous Rat Temple, and take an optional visit to a camel breeding centre.
Day 5: Bīkāner/Jodhpur Arrive at the 'Blue City' and visit Mehrangarh Fort and Clock Tower.
Day 6: Jodhpur/Chandelao Take a Jeep excursion into the countryside to visit tribal hamlets of Bishnois and Prajapats. Continue on to Chandelao Garh and explore the village and local markets.
Day 7: Chandelao Enjoy Chandelao Garh and explore the village and local markets.
Day 8: Chandelao/Udaipur Drive to Udaipur, visiting the stunning Ranakpur Jain temples en route.
Day 9: Udaipur Explore the City Palace museum, enjoy a Pichola Lake boat ride, and a visit to the Jagdish Temple.
Day 10: Udaipur/Jojawar Stay at the Heritage Palace at Jojawar and enjoy a rural train safari and village orientation walk.
Day 11: Jojawar/Jaipur Drive to the capital of the state of Rajasthan - Jaipur. Opt to visit the local bazaars for textiles, pottery, and handicrafts.
Day 12: Jaipur Visit the City Palace, Amber Fort, and view Hawa Mahal.
Day 13: Jaipur/Āgra Drive to Agra, visiting the abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri, built by Mughal Emperor Akbar, en route. In Agra, visit the famed Agra Fort.
Day 14: Āgra/Delhi Rise early to visit the world-famous Taj Mahal and enjoy the stunning sunrise views. Continue to Delhi where we have the option to visit old Delhi.
Day 15: Delhi Depart at any time.