Information from G Adventures
Walking through Delhi’s markets, you realize that India’s like nothing you’ve ever experienced – its kaleidoscope of culture and colour has burnt itself into your memory. And it’s not just the magnificent forts or treasures like the Taj Mahal that impress—it’s the country’s spirit. Visit the birthplace of Buddhism and Hinduism to gain greater insight into this ancient and complex land. Explore the hidden side of Delhi guided by a former streetkid taking part in the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. With this new perspective, our expert guides will bring you deep into one of the world’s most culturally and spiritually fascinating places.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Breakfast at Open Hand Project, Varanasi Your G for Good Moment: City Walk, Delhi Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Wellness Moment: Yoga Class, Chiang Mai
- Arrival transfer included through Women on Wheels, a G Adventures-supported project
- Back streets walking tour with a local guide in Delhi and visit a street kids project
- Rickshaw tour of Old Delhi with visit to Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk and Gurudwara
- Orientation walk of Varanasi
- Excursion to Sarnath
- Sunset and sunrise boat trip on the Ganges River
- Breakfast at Open Hand, a vocational training cafe
- Tour of the Khajuraho Temples
- Yoga class
- Kandariya Dance Show
- Guided tour of the Taj Majal and visit the Red Fort
- Two safari drives with wildlife viewing and visit to Ranthambore Fort and the Ganesh temple
- Tour Jaipur including the City Palace, Palace of the Winds and Amber Fort
- Village stay at Rawla Jojawar in a historic heritage hotel
- Explore Udaipur including Jag Mandir, City Palace, and Jagdish Temple
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Walk delhi's backstreets with a local guide on a g adventures-supported street kids rehabilitation project
- Uncover spirituality at hindu
- Buddhist and sikh temples
- Observe ancient local ceremonies on the holy ganges river
- Go on safari in ranthambore with local park rangers/naturalists
- Enjoy a village stay in a historic heritage hotel.
Day 1: Delhi Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Delhi Walk through the backstreets of Delhi with a young adult taking part in the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Later, explore Old Delhi with our CEO including a rickshaw ride through the busy streets.
Day 3: Delhi/Varanasi Fly to Varanasi and enjoy an orientation walk and sunset boat trip on the holy Ganges River.
Day 4: Varanasi Enjoy a sunrise boat ride on the Ganges, breakfast at a training restaurant and shop, and visit Sarnath.
Day 5: Varanasi/Khajurāho Fly to Khajuraho and visit the Western Temples, famed for their erotic sculptures depicting the Kama Sutra. Take a yoga class and enjoy a local Kandariya dance show.
Day 6: Khajurāho/Āgra Today travel by private vehicle, then meet some local people on the train ride to Agra.
Day 7: Āgra/Ranthambore National Park This morning, explore the magnificent Taj Mahal and visit the Agra Fort. Later, travel to Ranthambore National Park by private vehicle and train.
Day 8: Ranthambore National Park Explore the park with local naturalists/rangers on two safari drives in search of deer, birds, leopards, and monkeys -- if we are lucky, we may even see one of the illusive tigers. Also, walk with the locals to the ruins of Ranthambore Fort and visit the Ganesh Temple.
Day 9: Ranthambore National Park/Jaipur Drive to Jaipur and delve further into India's history.
Day 10: Jaipur Visit the City Palace, Amber Fort, and view Hawa Mahal.
Day 11: Jaipur/Jojawar Travel to the village of Jojawar and spend the night in a historic heritage hotel. Explore the village and take the opportunity to meet with locals who provide insight into rural life in India. Opt to take a rural train safari through the Aravali Hill ranges.
Day 12: Jojawar/Udaipur Travel to Udaipur and take an orientation walk, including a visit to Lake Pichola and the Lake Palace.
Day 13: Udaipur Explore the City Palace and Jagdish Temple which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
Day 14: Udaipur/Delhi Fly to Delhi for the final evening with the option to enjoy a farewell dinner.
Day 15: Delhi Depart at any time.