Information from G Adventures
If you’re looking for a taste of India’s world-class highlights but still want to explore some of its hidden gems, this action-packed adventure serves up a great combination. Stand in awe of the Taj Mahal's perfection, wander the French Quarter of Pondicherry, search for tigers in the wild—experience the iconic highlights of the North before flying south for even more culture and wilderness. Appreciate the colours of Rajasthan and the Tamil style of the Sri Meenakshi Temple. Our CEO will lead the way and eliminate the hassle so you can experience incredible India.
- Your G for Good Moment: City Walk, Delhi Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Kerala Backwaters Homestay, Alleppey
- Walking tour with a guide from the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project
- Old Delhi walk with stops at the Jama Masjid, Gurduwara, Chandni Chowk, spice markets and Connaught Place
- Taj Mahal and I’timad-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj) visit
- Agra Fort guided tour
- Fatehpur Sikri monuments
- Abhaneri village walk and stepwell visit
- Amber Fort and Jaipur City Palace tour
- Fort Kochi orientation walk
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary walk and safari
- Chaumundi Temple and Mysore Palace visit
- Mamallapuram Shore Temple visit
- Pondicherry orientation walk
- Madurai cycle-rickshaw ride and Sri Meenakshi Temple visit
- Cardamom hills spice plantation tour
- Kerala backwaters homestay with guide
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore india's vibrant cities
- Discover ancient forts and temples
- Revel in the beauty of agra's taj mahal
- Stay with the locals in the kerala backwaters
Day 1: Delhi Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Delhi/Āgra Enjoy an included walk through the backstreets of Delhi with a young adult taking part in the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. As a former street kid, your guide will offer a unique insight into the real Delhi. Later, explore Old Delhi and travel onward to Agra, home of the Taj Mahal.
Day 3: Āgra Visit the famous Taj Mahal, Baby Taj, and Agra Fort.
Day 4: Āgra/Bharatpur Stop at Fatehpur Sikri, the now-deserted former capital of the Mughals. In the afternoon, arrive to Bharatpur with the option to relax or take a rickshaw ride in Keoladeo National Park.
Day 5: Bharatpur/Jaipur En route to Jaipur, visit the impressive stepwells of Abhaneri. Later, visit the Palace of the Winds and wander the organized streets of the 'Pink City'.
Day 6: Jaipur Enjoy a visit to the Amber Fort, famous for its mixture of Hindu and Muslim architecture. After, visit the City Palace and have a photo opportunity at Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds). Opt to check out the Jantar Mantar astronomical site or see a Bollywood film at the famous Art Deco theatre of Raj Mandir.
Day 7: Jaipur/Delhi Return to Delhi in the afternoon. Enjoy free time to explore more of the city.
Day 8: Delhi/Kochi Fly to the port city of Kochi. Settle into your hotel and enjoy free time to relax the rest of the day. Opt to catch the sunset over the Arabian Sea, framed by hundreds of boats and fishing nets.
Day 9: Kochi Enjoy a morning orientation walk of Fort Kochi. After, take some free time to explore before an evening performance of kathakali, a form of traditional dancing from Kerala.
Day 10: Kochi/Kalpetta Take a morning train followed by a scenic drive to reach Kalpetta, in the Wayanad district.
Day 11: Kalpetta Walk the nature trails through the forested areas in Wayanad. Also take a wildlife drive in search of elephants and bison.
Day 12: Kalpetta/Mysore Settle in for the drive to the ancient city of Mysore.
Day 13: Mysore Explore the vibrant city of Mysore including visits to Chamundi Temple and Mysore Palace. After enjoy free time and opt to visit the Devaraja market or join a yoga class.
Day 14: Mysore/Māmallapuram Enjoy a full day of train travel to Chennai before a short bus ride to Mamallapuram. Visit the Shore Temple.
Day 15: Māmallapuram Free time to explore Mamallapuram.
Day 16: Māmallapuram/Puducherry Continue to Pondicherry (now known as Puducherry) and learn about Sri Aurobindo Ghose at the ashram.
Day 17: Puducherry/Madurai Travel inland to Madurai, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world.
Day 18: Madurai Hop on a cycle rickshaw for a tour of the city before visiting the famous Meenakshi Temple.
Day 19: Madurai/Thekkady Drive to Thekkady. Take a guided tour of spice plantations in the Cardamom Hills.
Day 20: Thekkady/Kerala Backwaters Travel to Alleppey for a local homestay. Experience local life and a guided walk along the lagoon.
Day 21: Kerala Backwaters/Kochi Spend the morning enjoying last moments with your host family. Learn to cook some local food, watch the toddy tappers at work, or wander around the village exploring more of life on the backwaters. Travel to a Planeterra project for lunch before returning to Kochi in the early afternoon, where the trip ends.