Information from G Adventures
This compact Indian journey will introduce you to three very different northern cities and the colourful rural life of Rajasthan. From the hectic pace of Delhi with its bustling markets, magnificent monuments, and colonial past, travel by private transport to Agra and the mesmerizing beauty of the Taj Mahal — truly one of the wonders of the world. Discover why Jaipur is called the Pink City and get a taste of rural life at a Dhula village. Photographers and culture lovers won't be disappointed on this classic adventure.
- Arrival transfer included through the G Adventures-supported Women on Wheels project
- Walking tour with a guide from the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project
- Old Delhi walk with stops at the Jama Masjid, Gurduwara, Chandni Chowk, and Connaught Place
- Agra Fort visit
- Taj Mahal visit
- Fatephur Sikri visit
- Village stay (Dhula)
- I'timad-ud-daulah (Baby Taj) entrance
- Jaipur City Palace entrance and guided tours
- Amber Fort
- Abhaneri village walk and stepwell visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Wander around modern and ancient delhi
- Revel in the magnificence of the taj mahal
- Visit rural villages and historic forts
- Explore india's vibrant cities
Day 1: Delhi Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer is included through the G Adventures-supported Women With Wheels project.
Day 2: Delhi/Āgra Enjoy a youth-led walk through the backstreets of Delhi with G Adventures-supported project, City Walk. Observe a different perspective of Delhi while supporting at-risk youth in the community. Later, explore Old Delhi and travel onward to Agra, home of the Taj Mahal.
Day 3: Āgra Set eyes on the sparkling Taj Mahal at sunrise before exploring more of this famous landmark. In the afternoon, visit the I'timad-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj) and the Agra Fort.
Day 4: Āgra/Dhula Village Stop at Fatehpur Sikri, the now-deserted former capital of the Mughals, and a stunningly preserved UNESCO site. Visit the Abhaneri Stepwell and marvel at this uniquely Indian water harvesting system. In the afternoon, travel to Dhula Village and get a closer look at rural life in Rajasthan. Tonight, settle in to your cozy tent then opt to relax by the fire and take in the starry night sky.
Day 5: Dhula Village/Jaipur Continue to the pink city of Jaipur. Built according to Hindu architectural principles, the city utilizes a unique organization unlike anywhere else in India. Later, visit the Palace of the Winds and wander the bustling streets.
Day 6: Jaipur Enjoy a visit to the Amber Fort, famous for its mixture of Hindu and Muslim architecture. After, visit the City Palace and have a photo opportunity at Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds).
Day 7: Jaipur/Delhi If you aren't afraid of heights, opt for a morning hot air balloon ride over Jaipur. Return to Delhi in the afternoon and enjoy free time to explore more of the bustling city.
Day 8: Delhi Depart at any time.