Information from G Adventures
From calm Kerala backwaters and spice plantations to incredible temples and searching for tigers in the wild, have your camera ready as you experience the highlights of Southern India. This two-week adventure offers a great balance of guided excursions and free time to explore on your own. Travelling by train, bus, rickshaw, and country boats will bring you closer to the locals and is a fascinating way to gain insight into the peaceful backwaters of Kerala and stunning temples of Tamilnadu.
- Your G for Good Moment: Lunch at Theuvoram Women Empowerment Project, Alleppey Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Kerala Backwaters Homestay, Alleppey
- Fort Kochi orientation walk
- Kathakali dance show
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary walk and safari
- Chaumundi Temple and Mysore Palace visit
- Mamallapuram Shore Temple visit
- Pondicherry orientation walk
- Madurai cycle-rickshaw ride and Sri Meenakshi Temple visit
- Cardamom Hills spice plantation tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Relax in the peaceful backwaters of kerala
- Spot wildlife in beautiful parks
- Uncover ancient temples
- Explore tea and spice plantations
- Take a rickshaw ride through the streets of madurai
Day 1: Kochi Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Kochi/Kalpetta Take a morning train followed by a scenic drive to reach Kalpetta, in the Wayanad district.
Day 3: Kalpetta Walk the nature trails through the forested areas in Wayanad. Also take a wildlife drive in search of elephants and bison.
Day 4: Kalpetta/Mysore Settle in for the drive to the ancient city of Mysore.
Day 5: Mysore Explore the vibrant city of Mysore including visits to Chamundi Temple and Mysore Palace. After enjoy free time and opt to visit the Devaraja market or join a yoga class.
Day 6: Mysore/Māmallapuram Enjoy a full day of train travel to Chennai before a short bus ride to Mamallapuram. Visit the Shore Temple.
Day 7: Māmallapuram Free time to explore Mamallapuram.
Day 8: Māmallapuram/Puducherry Continue to Pondicherry (now known as Puducherry) and learn about Sri Aurobindo Ghose at the ashram.
Day 9: Puducherry/Madurai Travel inland to Madurai, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world.
Day 10: Madurai Hop on a cycle rickshaw for a tour of the city before visiting the famous Meenakshi Temple.
Day 11: Madurai/Thekkady Drive to Thekkady. Take a guided tour of spice plantations in the Cardamom Hills.
Day 12: Thekkady/Kerala Backwaters Travel to Alleppey for a local homestay. Experience local life and a guided walk along the lagoon.
Day 13: Kerala Backwaters/Kochi Spend the morning enjoying last moments with your host family. Learn to cook some local food, watch the toddy tappers at work, or wander around the village. Travel to a Planeterra project for lunch before returning to Kochi. Head out for an orientation walk, then enjoy an evening performance of kathakali, a form of traditional dancing from Kerala.
Day 14: Kochi Depart at any time.