When to Go
High Season (Dec–Mar)
- Pleasant weather – warm days, reasonably cool nights.
- Peak tourists. Peak prices.
- December and January bring chilly nights further north.
- Temperatures climb steadily from February.
- Monsoon rain-showers persist through to September.
- The eastern coast and southern Kerala see heavy rain and sometimes cyclones from October to early December.
Low Season (Apr–Jun)
- April is hot; May and June are scorching. Competitive hotel prices.
- From June, the monsoon sweeps from south to north, bringing draining humidity.
- Beat the heat (but not the crowds) in the cool hills.