To travel between Rekong Peo in Kinnaur and Sumdo in Spiti, foreigners need an inner line permit, obtained easily in Rekong Peo or Kaza, less easily in Shimla. Note that a few Asian nationalities, including Chinese and Taiwanese, cannot get inner line permits but must apply for a special permit from the Ministry of Home Affairs in Delhi.