Information from G Adventures
North India or South? Do both! This 2-week tour combines the riot of Rajasthan’s colours with the calming greens of Kerala. You'll have time to immerse yourself in regional traditions in the North and spend a night at a heritage village hotel, and time to unwind in the south—just imagine cruising the backwaters on a houseboat. Throw in the Taj Mahal, the 'Pink City' of Jaipur and Kochi's fishing markets and you're left with one spicy curry of an adventure—many flavours with big impact.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Local Village Immersion, Sāwarda Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Family Home Meal Experience, Alleppey Your G for Good Moment: City Walk, Delhi Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer included through Women on Wheels, a G Adventures-supported project
- Tour of Old Delhi including Jama Masjid Mosque, Chandni Chowk market and Gurduwara Sikh Temple
- Walking tour and project visit in Delhi
- Tour Taj Mahal, baby Taj and Agra Fort
- Visit Fathpur Sikri and Abhaneri Step wells (tank gardens)
- Explore Jaipur including Amber Fort, Jaipur City Palace and Hawa Mahal
- Visit the Village of Sawarda and overnight in a Heritage Home
- Explore Kochi including Fort Cochin, the Dutch Palace, the fishing market and Chinese fishing nets
- Kathakali cultural show
- Visit Tripunithura Hill Palace
- Kumarakom canoe ride
- Walking tour of the paddy fields and Chempu village
- Houseboat day trip along the Kerala backwaters
- Homestay with cooking demonstration and meal with a local family
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Walk the backstreets of delhi with a local guide
- Explore grand forts and palaces in rajasthan
- Learn the true meaning of relaxation aboard a houseboat on kerala's backwaters
- Discover a newfound obsession with south indian cuisine with a cooking demonstration
- Cross cultures at a family homestay in the south and a heritage village home in the north
Day 1: Delhi Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Delhi/Āgra Walk through the backstreets of Delhi with a young adult taking part in the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Later, explore Old Delhi with our CEO before an afternoon drive to Agra.
Day 3: Āgra Spend the day visiting the highlights of the walled city of Agra including the famed Taj Mahal, Baby Taj, and Agra Fort.
Day 4: Āgra/Jaipur Drive to Jaipur, visiting the deserted Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri and the village of Abhaneri, which has one of India's deepest and largest stepwells (tank gardens).
Day 5: Jaipur Explore the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, including the Amber Fort, City Palace, and view the Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds). Opt to visit local markets and catch a Bollywood film.
Day 6: Jaipur/Sāwarda Drive to the rural village of Sawarda where we stay in a heritage home. Exploring this traditional village is like stepping back in time. Enjoy a walk in the village and observe a family prayer session.
Day 7: Sāwarda/Delhi Drive back to bustling Delhi.
Day 8: Delhi/Kochi Fly to the port city of Kochi. Settle into your hotel and enjoy free time to relax the rest of the day. Opt to catch the sunset over the Arabian Sea, framed by hundreds of boats and fishing nets.
Day 9: Kochi Explore on a walking tour in old Fort Kochi, including the fish market, famous Chinese fishing nets, Dutch Palace, Jewish quarter, and spice market. In the evening, enjoy a traditional Kathakali dance performance.
Day 10: Kochi/Kumarakom Visit Tripunithura Hill Palace then continue to Kumarakom. Enjoy a canoe paddle in the narrow canals and take a walking tour of the paddy fields and Chempu village.
Day 11: Kumarakom/Kerala Backwaters Spend the day cruising the Kerala backwaters on a comfortable houseboat while observing local village life and bird watching. Later, arrive at our homestay in Alleppey and enjoy a cooking demonstration of traditional Kerala cuisine and dine with a local family.
Day 12: Kerala Backwaters/Vypīn Island Take time to relax in paradise with free time to explore the local village and pristine beaches. There's an option to visit an Ayurvedic spa or go cycling.
Day 13: Vypīn Island Free Time on Vypīn Island.
Day 14: Vypīn Island Depart at any time.