There are few provisions for travellers with disabilities in Goa outside of the most top-end hotels, and thus the mobility-impaired traveller will face a number of challenges. Few older buildings have wheelchair access; toilets have certainly not been designed to accommodate wheelchairs; and footpaths are often riddled with potholes and crevices. If your mobility is restricted you will need an able-bodied companion to accompany you, and you’d be well-advised to hire a private vehicle with a driver. For more advice, contact one of the following organisations:
- Accessible Journeys (www.disabilitytravel.com)
- Disability Rights Association of Goa
- Disability Rights UK (www.disabilityrightsuk.org)
- Enable Holidays (www.enableholidays.com)
- Mobility International USA (www.miusa.org)
Download Lonely Planet's free Accessible Travel guide from http://lptravel.to/AccessibleTravel.