Indian rupee (₹)
Budget: Less than ₹2500
- Double room in a budget hotel: ₹700–1200
- Hostel dorm bed: ₹400–1000
- All-you-can-eat thali (traditional plate meal): ₹80–300
- Transport: ₹200–600
- Double hotel/homestay room: ₹1500–5000
- Meal in a midrange restaurant: ₹300–1000
- Admission to sights and museums: ₹200–800
- 2AC train travel: ₹700–2000
Top end: More than ₹7500
- Boutique/heritage hotel room: from ₹5500
- Dinner with wine in an upmarket restaurant: ₹2000–4000
- Renting a car and driver: per day ₹2000–3000
- Guided tour or cooking class: ₹1200–3000
- Haggling is the norm in markets and in many tourist-oriented shops; the 'starting price' may be elevated by 50% or more.
- You will usually need to bargain for a fair fare in taxis and rickshaws, though the introduction of Uber and Ola Cabs taxi apps has eliminated this in many metropolitan areas.
- More upmarket shops charge fixed prices.
Kolhapur is a large city and ATMs are plentiful.