Information from G Adventures
Home to the Taj Majal, Delhi's Jama Masjid Mosque, and the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, this area is known as the Golden Triangle for a reason. But adventurous travellers know it's also bursting with small-town colours and regional culture. This compact 8-day tour offers plenty of time at the best monuments plus local markets, villages and a stay in a heritage hotel for a taste of traditional life. Everyone should see Rajasthan once in their life—this adventure makes it easy for all.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Local Village Immersion, Sāwarda Your G for Good Moment: City Walk, Delhi Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer included through Women on Wheels, a G Adventures-supported project
- Walking tour and project visit with a local guide in Delhi
- Tour of Old Delhi including Jama Masjid Mosque, Chandni Chowk market and Gurduwara Sikh Temple
- VIsit the Taj Mahal, Baby Taj and Agra Fort
- Excursion to Fathpur Sikri and the Abhaneri Stepwells (tank gardens)
- Explore Jaipur including the Amber Fort, Jaipur City Palace and Hawa Mahal
- Visit the village of Sawarda and overnight in a heritage home
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Delve into ancient and modern india with a local guide
- Walk delhi's backstreets and support a street kids rehabilitation project
- Step back in time at historical forts and palaces
- Connect with history during a night at a heritage village home
- Marvel at the grand taj mahal and all its glory.
Day 1: Delhi Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Delhi/Āgra Walk through the backstreets of Delhi with a young adult taking part in the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Later, explore Old Delhi with our CEO before an afternoon drive to Agra.
Day 3: Āgra Spend the day visiting the highlights of the walled city of Agra including the famed Taj Mahal, Baby Taj, and Agra Fort.
Day 4: Āgra/Jaipur Drive to Jaipur, visiting the deserted Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri and the village of Abhaneri, which has one of India's deepest and largest stepwells (tank gardens).
Day 5: Jaipur Explore the 'Pink City' of Jaipur, including the Amber Fort, City Palace, and view the Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds). Opt to visit local markets and catch a Bollywood film.
Day 6: Jaipur/Sāwarda Drive to the rural village of Sawarda where we stay in a heritage home. Exploring this traditional village is like stepping back in time. Enjoy a walk in the village and observe a family prayer session.
Day 7: Sāwarda/Delhi Drive back to bustling Delhi.
Day 8: Delhi Depart at any time.