Delhi in detail
- Dress modestly Avoid offence by avoiding tight, sheer, and skimpy clothes.
- Shoes It's polite to remove shoes before entering homes and places of worship.
- Photos Best to ask before snapping people, sacred sites or ceremonies. Photography is not allowed inside some places of worship. You have to pay ₹300 for the privilege at Jama Masjid.
- Bad vibes Avoid pointing soles of feet towards people or deities, or touching anyone with your feet.
- Hello Saying namaste with hands together in a prayer gesture is a respectful Hindu greeting; for Muslims say salaam alaikum ('peace be with you'; response: alaikum salaam).
- Head wobble Can mean 'yes', 'no', or 'I have no idea'.
- Pure touch The right hand is for eating and shaking hands, the left is the 'toilet' hand.