The type of entertainment common in big Western cities (theatres, concerts, sports events) is somewhat thin on the ground in Delhi, though the city does have a busy cultural scene, especially during the three-week Delhi International Arts Festival. October and March also sees annual or one-off shows and concerts (often free) happening nightly.
- Kingdom of Dreams Bollywood-style theatre extravaganza.
- Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts Classical and vocal recitals, dance performances, film screenings, and literary fests.
- Open-air Theatre Free traditional-music performances every Saturday evening.
- People & Co Popular comedy venue.
- Habitat World Frequent art exhibitions, performances and concerts, usually free.
- Delite Cinema A 1950s art-deco cinema showing full-throttle Bollywood movies, though in Hindi only.
- Kingdom of Dreams Bollywood-style theatre extravaganza; the big ticket in town.
- Akshara Theatre Small, well regarded theatre with intimate drama productions and comedy shows.
- Open-air Theatre Next door to Kingdom of Dreams, you can watch free performances of traditional Indian music every Saturday evening here.