Information from G Adventures
Iceland is one of those rare places on Earth that feels more science fiction than fact, even when you’re actually there. Get as close as you can to the incredible scenery by hiking the challenging route of the Laugavegur Trail, where you’ll pass multi-coloured slopes, ice caves, and sweeping landscapes. Camp out for four nights, and enjoy valley hikes in the area with the group. Whether it’s from the inclines or just from the view, prepare to have your breath taken away.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- South Iceland trekking along the Laugavegur Trail
- Sleeping mats (sleeping bags not provided)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore the ever-changing geographical wonderland of iceland
- Trek one of iceland’s famous routes: the laugavegur trail
- Cross fields of flowers and rivers while taking in views of the surrounding glaciers
- Stop at the stunning seljalandsfoss waterfall
Day 1: Reykjavík Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Reykjavík/Landmannalaugar Drive across to Landmannalaugar. Pass by Mt. Hekla en route, an active volcano that was once considered to be the gates of Hell which erupts every few years. Upon arrival in the afternoon, warm up your legs on a light hike.
Day 3: Landmannalaugar/Álftavatn Follow the Laugavegur Trail, one of Iceland's most famous hiking routes. Pass rivers and streams while hiking from Landmannalaugar through the mountains to Lake Alftavatn.
Day 4: Álftavatn/Emstrur Continue to follow the route of the Laugavegur Trail, hiking from Alftavatn to Emstrur.
Day 5: Emstrur/Þórsmörk Trek from Emstrur to Þórsmörk, crossing rivers and fields of flowers.
Day 6: Þórsmörk/Reykjavík This morning, go on one final hike in the beautiful valley of Þórsmörk before making your way back to Reykjavik. En route, stop at a viewing point to take in the breathtaking Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
Day 7: Reykjavík Depart at any time.