Information from G Adventures
Most people that visit Iceland go in the summer, but there's a whole other side to this place in the winter months. (It is called "Iceland," after all.) Spend the first five days doing really cool things like hiking glaciers, exploring Þingvellir National Park, reflecting on life under the Northern Lights, and warming up in hot springs. Then spend two days on your own exploring colourful, cool Reykjavík and end off the journey at the famous Blue Lagoon. See another side of this amazing country.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Reykjavík
- Lava caving (Leiðarendi Cave)
- Meet the famous Icelandic horse
- Golden Circle sightseeing
- Þingvellir National Park visit
- Geysir Hot Spring visit
- Gullfoss Waterfall visit
- Northern Lights hunting (2 nts)
- Visit to Sólheimajökull Glacier
- Southern coast drive including Skógarfoss Waterfall and Seljalndsfoss Waterfall
- Free time in Reykjaviík for optional activities
- Blue Lagoon entrance and airport transfer
- Transport to/from all included activities and between all destinations
- Explore iceland's glaciers and waterfalls
- Keep your eyes peeled for dazzling displays of the northern lights
- Meet the famous icelandic horse
- Explore reykjavík at your own pace and end off with a soak at the blue lagoon.
Day 1: Reykjavík Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Reykjavík/Álftröð Travel from Reykjavík to explore a lava cave in the Bláfjöll Mountains. In the afternoon, get up close and personal with the famous Icelandic horse before returning to Álftröð. In the evening, you will have your first chance to see the Northern Lights out in the countryside.
Day 3: Álftröð Head to Þingvellir National Park. Visit sights like the Geysir Hot Spring and Gullfoss waterfall. Opt to visit a natural hot spring. In the evening, embrace your inner chef and prepare dinner together at the guesthouse. Afterwards, you will have another opportunity to try seeing the Northern Lights.
Day 4: Álftröð/Reykjavík Travel to Sólheimajökull glacier and take some time to explore the area, or opt for a stunning hike. Drive the scenic southern coast and visit the Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls on the way back to Reykjavík.
Day 5: Reykjavík Free day to explore the city and surrounding area independently. Opt to explore this quaint town, or get your adrenaline pumping on one of the many activities available around Reykjavík.
Day 6: Reykjavík Free day to explore the city and surrounding area independently. Opt to explore this quaint town, or get your adrenaline pumping on one of the many activities available around Reykjavík.
Day 7: Reykjavík Visit the famous Blue Lagoon en route to Keflavik airport. Any onward travel must be booked after 3:30 pm.