Hólmavík is connected by a regional bus to Ísafjörður, mid-May to mid-September.
Ísafjörður municipal buses go to Bolungarvík, Suðureyri, Flateyri and Þingeyri.
From June to August Westfjords Adventures has a bus that connects Patreksfjörður–Brjánslækur–Flókalundur–Dynjandi–Þingeyri–Ísafjörður (one daily each direction Monday, Wednesday and Friday).You can also pre-book for services in late-May and early-September.
With pre-booking, Westfjords Adventures also runs a summer-time bus from Brjánslækur to Patreksfjörður, Látrabjarg and Rauðasandur, then back to Brjánslækur, which returns in time for the ferry back to Stykkishólmur.
Throughout the Westfjords, petrol stations can be few and far between; fill up whenever you have the chance.
- The Westfjords official tourist map shows the N1 petrol stations.
- Many of the stations have unstaffed pumps; using these requires a credit card with a PIN.
- You can also buy N1 cards stocked with credit when you do find someone at a full-service station. We recommend it, just in case your own credit card does not work in a pinch.
- Expect lots of unpaved, often rugged, but universally beautiful roads; most are accessible with a 2WD.
- For ride-sharing, consult www.samferda.net.