Reykjavík in detail
- Hot-pots & Pools Strip and shower thoroughly before entering a hot-pot or pool.
- Smoking Banned in public places, bars or restaurants.
- Shoes Remove your shoes when entering someone’s home.
- Tipping It’s not customary to tip in restaurants.
- Prams & Babies Leave your pram and baby outside when visiting boutiques and cafes (yes, you read that correctly).
- Bird cliffs Stay away from the edges of bird cliffs – lie on your stomach so as to not spook the wildlife, or fall off.
- Driving Don't drive off-road.
- Drones Don't use drones in national parks.
- Signage Always follow signs that advise that roads or sites are closed – this is due to safety reasons, and you endanger yourself and others by ignoring them.