When to go and weather
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Visitors descend en masse – especially in Reykjavík and the south.
- Prices peak and accommodation bookings are essential.
- Endless daylight, plentiful festivals, busy activities.
Shoulder (May & Sep)
- Breezier weather; occasional snows.
- Optimal conditions for those who prefer smaller crowds, lower prices.
Low Season (Oct–Apr)
- Long nights with possible Northern Lights viewings.
- Winter activities including skiing, snowshoeing, visiting ice caves.