Reykjavík in detail
Best drinking & nightlife in Reykjavík
Drinking & Nightlife
- Kaffibarinn Perennial Reyjavík mainstay is casual by day and packed by night.
- Mikkeller & Friends Sup some of the 20 craft ales on tap at this casually cool bar.
- Kiki Dance the night away in this multistorey club.
- Port 9 Arty, well-stocked, discrete, and arguably the city's best wine bar.
- Paloma Around midnight Paloma starts heating up with two DJ spaces and an ever-changing line-up.
- Húrra Early happy hour and late-night DJs or live music make this one of the capital's best dance spots.
- Slippbarinn Cocktails and tunes abound at this harbourfront bar in the Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Marina.
- Apotek Glittering glasses and bubbly conversation pairs perfectly with top-flight cocktails.
- Pablo Diskobar Tropical trappings and exotic drinks.
- Marshall Arty and chic, both the cocktails and the decor.
- Kiki This multistorey queer club is straight-friendly and tops for dancing.
- Prikið This greasy spoon diner turns into a hot hip-hop club late-late.
- Húrra Large rooms host live bands and DJs in the wee hours.
- Paloma Only open late, Paloma has a large upstairs hall and a tight basement room, each with different DJs.
- B5 Top 40 and jailbait are the order of the day.
- Bryggjan Brugghús Microbrewery with harbour views, extensive menu and occasional DJs.
- Kaldi Always-packed Kaldi has hipster banquettes and its excellent house-made brews on tap.
- Mikkeller & Friends Loads of local beers in a top-floor hideaway.
- Micro Bar Sip beer in a low-lit lounge or on a sunny terrace.
- Skúli Craft Bar This craft beer bar fills with jaunty folks.
- Reykjavík Roasters Premier coffee aficionados roast their own beans, and now have two branches.
- Kaffi Vínyl Sip coffee or cocktails while listening to laid-back tunes.
- Stofan Kaffihús Spacious and welcoming in an historic Old Reykjavík building.
- Kaffi Mokka One of the capital’s oldest cafes with an approachable, well-worn feel.
- Café Haiti In the Old Harbour, with coffee sourced from Haiti.
- C is for Cookie Tiny and in a relaxed residential side street.
- Húrra Six beers on tap and an enormous back room that opens up for live music most nights.
- Paloma After-hours dancing, DJs and great, heated vibe.
- Kiki Multistorey dancing and good feelings, late-late on Thursday, Friday and Saturday only.
- Prikið A quintessential dive bar with good stick to-your-ribs diner food that turns into a hip-hop dance party late.