Information from G Adventures
There are few places on this planet as inspiring as the volcanic and temperamental landscape of Iceland – why restrict yourself to only one or two ways to see it when you could hike, bike, and kayak all over it? How about a kayaking trip in central Iceland, cycling past geysers, and walking across volcanic rock? Once the adventure's done for the day, relax and let the adrenaline ease out of your system. Iceland is a geographical playground, and we take you on all the best rides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Cycling around the Golden Circle
- Hot springs hunt in Hellisheiði Mountain Range
- Hiking through the highlands of Iceland
- Whitewater rafting excursion on the Hvítá River
- Kayaking excursion on Hvalfjörður fjord
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Raft through the rivers and valleys of central iceland
- Search for hot springs on a trek that brings the landscape to life
- Cycle through reykjavik
- Kayak on deep fjords that lead down to the ocean.
Day 1: Reykjavík Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Reykjavík/Laugarvatn Enjoy a day of cycling through some of the greatest city and nature views in, and around Reykjavik.
Day 3: Laugarvatn Enjoy snorkelling in the clear water of the Silfra fissure where two tectonic plates collide. After, transfer to Selfoss to take a tour of the Golden Circle, including a walk in Thingvellir National Park and visits to the Gullfoss Waterfall and Geysir hot springs.
Day 4: Laugarvatn On a deep fjord created by the motion of glaciers over the years, kayak across clear blue waters. This sheltered lake leads to the Atlantic Ocean but affords calm waters for kayaking. Return to Laugarvatn.
Day 5: Laugarvatn Transfer from Laugarvatn to Hveragerði. Spend the morning hiking in the Hellisheiði mountain range, and keep an eye out for hot springs. Return to Laugarvatn.
Day 6: Laugarvatn/Reykjavík Enjoy a day on the wild and unpredictable Hvítá River, taking a rafting excursion through the canyons and rapids of this river. Enjoy a barbecue lunch. Return to Reykjavík for a final night out with the group.
Day 7: Reykjavík Depart at any time.