Getting There & Away
Klaustur is a stop on the Reykjavík–Vík–Höfn bus routes and also serves as a crossroads to Landmannalaugar and Laki. Buses stop at the N1.
Buses travelling east call at Skaftafell and Jökulsárlón.
- Bus 12 to Skaftafell (2200kr, 1¼ hours, one daily July and August)
- Bus 12 to Jökulsárlón (4200kr, 2¼ hours, one daily July and August)
- Bus 12a to Vík (1800kr, one hour, one daily July and August)
- Bus 51 to Höfn (5980kr, 2¾ hours, two daily)
- Bus 51 to Vík (1380kr, one hour, two daily)
- Bus 51 to Reykjavík (7820kr, 4¼ hours, two daily)
Reykjavík Excursions services:
- Bus 10/10a Skaftafell–Klaustur–Eldgjá–Landmannalaugar (three times weekly July and August) Can be used as a day tour or as regular transport. Klaustur to Landmannalaugar one way is 7300kr (4¾ hours).
- Bus 16/16a Klaustur–Lakagígar (3½ hours, six weekly late June to August) Use as a day tour, with four hours at Laki (return 11,000kr).
- Bus 20 to Skaftafell (3400kr, one hour, one daily July and August)
- Bus 20a to Vík (3400kr, one hour, one daily July and August)
- Bus 20a to Reykjavík (9100kr, 5¼ hours, one daily July and August) Stops for 45 minutes at Vík and for 30 minutes at the Lava Centre in Hvolsvöllur.