Getting There & Away
Borgarnes is the major transfer point between Reykjavík and Akureyri, Snæfellsnes and the Westfjords. The bus stop is at the cluster of petrol stations (N1, Orkan). All services are reduced in winter.
Strætó bus services:
- Bus 57 to Reykjavík (1840kr, 1½ hours, seven Monday to Friday, three Saturday, four Sunday)
- Bus 57 to Akureyri (8740kr, five hours, two daily Monday to Friday, one Saturday, two Sunday)
- Bus 58 to Stykkishólmur (2760kr, 80 minutes, one or two daily; can change to bus 82 at the Vatnaleið crossroads for buses to Hellissandur and from early May to mid-September to Arnarstapi)
- Bus 59 to Holmavík (5520kr, 2¼ hours, one Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday)
- Bus 81 to Reykholt (920kr, 40 minutes, one Monday, Tuesday and Thursday), loops back to Borgarnes.