Information from Viator
Explore beaches, glaciers, and volcanoes along the south coast of Iceland on this 11-hour day trip from Reykjavik. Travel along the southern shores of Iceland with a guide and gain insight into the natural features for which the country is famous. Along the way, take in sites of interest including the Hekla and Eyjafjalljökull volcanoes, the islands of Vestmannaeyjar, Reynisfjara beach, and the Sólheimajökull glacier. Watch the surging currents at the Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, and marvel at the beauty of the Icelandic countryside. Tour includes round-trip travel from Reykjavik.
Meet your guide at Reykjavík Terminal and hop aboard your bus for the journey out to the North Atlantic coast. With an on-board audio guide available in 10 languages, gain insight into Iceland’s fascinating geology. Travel through the lava fields in Hengill — home to the mighty Hekla and Eyjafjalljökull volcanoes — to the shoreline, and gaze out to the islands of Vestmannaeyjar. Stop at top natural attractions including the village of Vík to famous waterfalls such as Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss, and watch as the mighty torrents cascade down the rock face. Then, return in comfort to Reykjavik where your tour will come to an end.
- Professional Guide on board
- On-board audio guide with 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish)
- Entrance fees
- On board free WiFi
- USB charger available in every seat
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Headphones / earbuds for the on-board audio guide (please bring your own; or, they are available for purchase on site)
- Hotel pickup is not included with your purchase. SmartBus™ hotel pickup is available at extra cost.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Excellent value for money
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors