With rare exceptions, opening hours (nyitvatartás) are posted on the front door of businesses; nyitva means ‘open’ and zárva ‘closed’.
- Banks 7.45am or 8am–5pm Monday to Thursday, to 2pm or 4pm Friday
- Bars 11am–midnight Sunday to Thursday, to 2am Friday and Saturday
- Businesses 9am or 10am–6pm Monday to Friday, to 1pm or 2pm Saturday
- Clubs 4pm–2am Sunday to Thursday, to 4am Friday and Saturday; some only open on weekends
- Grocery stores and supermarkets 7am–7pm Monday to Friday, to 3pm Saturday; some also 7am–noon Sunday
- Restaurants 11am–11pm; breakfast venues open by 8am
- Shops 10am–6pm Monday to Friday, to 1pm Saturday