Budapest in detail
Best drinking & nightlife in Budapest
Drinking & Nightlife
- Csendes Társ Lovely little outdoor terrace on the edge of one of the city's prettiest parks.
- Szatyor Bár és Galéria Funky bar with street art and Hadik Kávéház as an annex.
- Ruszwurm Cukrászda Dating back to the early 19th century, this is the oldest traditional cafe in town.
- High Note Roof Bar This impressive rooftop bar above the Aria Hotel has the 'Wow' factor in spades.
Garden Clubs & Ruin Bars
- Instant Multilevel venue with a bar for every taste.
- Kertem Wonderful beer garden in City Park with live music on weekends.
- Élesztő High-quality craft beer, and lots of it.
- Pótkulcs Almost a garden club, with a variety of live acts.
- Szimpla Kert Budapest's first romkocsma (ruin pub), and some say still the best for all its quirkiness.
Wine & Cocktail Bars
- Boutiq' Bar High-quality cocktails in a fantastic speakeasy setting.
- Doblo Romantic brick-lined bar with a huge variety of Hungarian wine.
- Oscar American Bar Film decor and cool cocktails below the castle.
- DiVino Borbár The place to taste your way through Hungary’s wine regions.
- Művész Kávéház People-watch with the Hungarian State Opera House as backdrop.
- Gerbeaud Dating back to 1858 and still serving impeccable cakes and coffee.
- Hauer Cukrászda és Kávéház Historic (and enormous) confectionery once again serves scrumptious classic amidst all its finery.
- Auguszt Cukrászda Opulent central branch of the 1870 institution.
Gay & Lesbian Venues
- Alterego Still the city’s premier gay club (and don't you forget it).
- CoXx Men’s Bar Three bars and a whole world of cruising.
- Habroló Friendly neighbourhood gay bar with a mezzanine space for privacy.
- Why Not Cafe Celebrated for its events and fabulous views.