What to Take
- Mosquito repellent: there's lots of them and they are awfully friendly.
- Mosquito net: not all hotels supply them.
- A fleece: Fouta Djalon is cold at night.
What to Wear
Guineans are generally pretty relaxed about what you wear, but women should avoid dressing in anything too revealing. For men and women shorts are considered beach wear, so it's better to wear trousers. In the rainy season you're going to spend an awful lot of time wearing wet weather gear!
- Confirm all vaccinations are up-to-date and that you have had a Yellow Fever jab at least six weeks in advance.
- Buy plane tickets and apply for visa at least 3 weeks before departure.
- Book hotel in Conakry one week in advance.
- Talk to doctor about malaria pills one week in advance.