Information from G Adventures
Antigua, Guatemala's most beautiful colonial city, is famous for its celebrations, and this unique 10-day adventure ensures you're there for Semana Santa—one of the most vibrant and colourful celebrations in all of Central America. Line the parade route along cobblestoned streets decorated in flower petals and take in religious processions on Good Friday. Search for cultural treasures at the famous Chichicastenango market and meet local Mayan villagers amidst the volcanic scenery of Lake Atitlán. See for yourself how timing is everything as you discover the splendour of Guatemala.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Antigua Cultural Walking Tour, Antigua Guatemala Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Observing the religious processions on Good Friday
- Cultural walking tour of Antigua
- Chichicastenango market visit
- Boat ride around Lake Atitlán to visit several indigenous villages
- Participate in building one of the elaborate and colourful carpets on the streets on Antigua
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Visit local indigenous villages
- Barter at the bustling local markets
- Catch the stunning volcano views over peaceful lake atitlán
- Watch the holy week processions and elaborate colourful carpets laid out in the streets in antigua
Day 1: Guatemala City/Antigua Guatemala Arrive at the Guatemala City airport. Transfer to hotel in Antigua is included.
Day 2: Antigua Guatemala/Jaibalito Travel to Lake Atitlán and catch a boat to the small town of Jaibalito, the base for the next three nights. From here, explore indigenous villages on the lake as they prepare for the Holy Week processions.
Day 3: Jaibalito Explore indigenous villages on the lake as they prepare for the Holy Week processions. Take some free time to enjoy the lake.
Day 4: Jaibalito In the morning visit the famed market of Chichicastenango. Shop until you drop. Come back and continue exploring local villages around the lake.
Day 5: Jaibalito/Antigua Guatemala Travel back across the lake and transfer to Antigua, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Over the next five days here, enjoy the many parades and ceremonies, not just as a spectator, but as a participant in the celebrations.
Day 6: Antigua Guatemala Today, get your bearings and explore Antigua on a guided cultural walking tour with a local expert, including the museums at Paseo de los Museos. Along the way, continue to watch as the city prepares for Easter celebrations.
Day 7: Antigua Guatemala Continue to enjoy Holy week celebrations with free time for personal discovery.
Day 8: Antigua Guatemala Continue to enjoy Holy week celebrations with free time for personal discovery.
Day 9: Antigua Guatemala Continue to enjoy Holy week celebrations with free time for personal discovery.
Day 10: Antigua Guatemala Depart at any time.