Budget: Less than Q400
- Dorm bed: Q60–100
- Budget hotel double room: Q130–200
- Set meal in a comedor (cheap eatery): Q30–45
- Three-hour 'chicken-bus' ride: Q20
- Hotel double room: Q200–550
- À la carte meal in a local restaurant: Q100–130
- Archaeological site admission: Q50–150
- Three-hour shuttle-bus ride: Q150
Top end: More than Q1000
- Superior hotel double room: Q550 or more
- Meal in an elegant restaurant: Q150 or more
- Guide at archaeological site: up to Q450
- 4WD car-hire per day: Q650
Haggling is pretty much a national pastime in Guatemala. Treat it as a game, and if you feel you’re getting ripped off, just walk away. Don't haggle in small stores and restaurants; always haggle in markets and with taxi drivers.
Jaguar Inn Exchanges US dollars cash and traveler's checks.