Information from G Adventures
The ultimate exploration of Mayan culture for those who want the complete experience but prefer a more comfortable option. Explore the ruins at Copán and Tikal, walk the cobblestones in the colonial city of Antigua, learn the ancient art of chocolate making and take part in a Mayan tree-planting ceremony after a local lunch on breathtaking Lake Atitlán. From the Caribbean flavour of Livingston to soaring volcano views, your CEO will show you the region’s hidden gems and make sure your trip burns brightly in your memory long after you've left this crossroads of Mayan culture.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Antigua Cultural Walking Tour, Antigua Guatemala Your G for Good Moment: Lake Atitlán Boat Ride and Community Visit, Lago de Atitlán Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Hands-On Moment: ChocoMuseo Tour and Workshop, Antigua Guatemala Your Discover Moment: Antigua Guatemala
- Arrival transfer
- Visit a chocolate museum and take a hands-on workshop
- Guided tour of the ruins of Copán
- Guided visit of the ruins of Quirigua
- Scenic boat ride from Rio Dulce to Livingston
- Guided tour of the ruins of Tikal
- Boat ride around Lake Atitlán, with visit to San Juan la Laguna community including a local Mayan lunch and a tree-planting ceremony
- Visit small community co-ops for demonstrations of traditional arts ands crafts
- Guided cultural walking tour of Antigua
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore ancient mayan ruins and unesco world heritage sites
- Visit modern day mayan communities and participate in a mayan tree-planting ceremony
- Visit local artisan co-ops for hands-on demonstrations
- Take a chocolate workshop and enjoy the tasty results.
Day 1: Guatemala City/Antigua Guatemala Arrive at the Guatemala City airport. Arrival transfer to hotel in Antigua included.
Day 2: Antigua Guatemala Visit a chocolate museum and take a hands-on workshop learning about the ancient Mayan process from bean to bar with tastings. Free time to take salsa dancing lessons and explore this quaint city.
Day 3: Antigua Guatemala/Copán Set off on a full day of travel to Honduras.
Day 4: Copán Take a guided tour of the Copán ruins, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Opt to explore the town or go horseback riding.
Day 5: Copán/Rio Dulce Travel back to Guatemala with a visit to the Mayan ruins of Quirigua en route.
Day 6: Rio Dulce Enjoy free time in Rio Dulce with optional activities that include: horseback riding, San Felipe fort, monkey kayak tour, relaxing at the hot waterfall or hiking through the jungle trails of the Chocón-Machacas Natural Reserve area.
Day 7: Rio Dulce/Flores Morning scenic boat ride to coastal Livingston and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant before afternoon transfer to Flores.
Day 8: Flores Take a guided tour of the famous Mayan ruins of Tikal.
Day 9: Flores/Jaibalito Travel today by flight, van and boat to the village of Jaibalito on Lake Atitlán.
Day 10: Jaibalito Visit the communities on the lake by boat, including San Juan la Laguna, a G Adventures-supported village. Take an orientation walk, visit various co-ops, enjoy a local Mayan lunch and a Mayan tree-planting ceremony.
Day 11: Jaibalito Free time for outdoor pursuits such as swimming, fishing, wind surfing, hiking, bird watching, and kayaking.
Day 12: Jaibalito/Antigua Guatemala Return to Antigua by boat and private transport.
Day 13: Antigua Guatemala Explore Antigua on a guided cultural walking tour with a local expert, including the museums at Paseo de los Museos. Opt to go on a volcano trek, or an excursion to a macadamia nut plantation or coffee farm.
Day 14: Antigua Guatemala Depart at any time.