When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Sights, tours and transport are running full tilt.
- Accommodation prices can double.
- Both crowds and temperatures soar.
Shoulder (Apr & May, Sep & Oct)
- Accommodation prices can drop by up to 20%.
- Temperatures are not as blazing.
- Internal flights and island ferries have reduced schedules.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- Many hotels, sights and restaurants shut down, especially on the islands.
- Accommodation rates can drop by as much as 50%.
- Ferry schedules are skeletal.
- Temperatures drop; Athens and Crete may even see snow.