Feature: Visiting the Monasteries
Entry to each monastery is €3 and dress codes apply: no bare shoulders are allowed, men must wear trousers and women must wear skirts below the knee (wraparound skirts are generally provided at the entrances). Before planning your route, double-check days and opening hours. They vary by both the day and the hour. Between November and March a couple might be closed for two days, not one. Note that at least one monastery is closed each weekday. All six are open on weekends.
The following is a list of closures (from April through October) at the time of research.
- Moni Agiou Stefanou Closed Monday
- Moni Megalou Meteorou Closed Tuesday
- Moni Agias Varvaras Rousanou Closed Wednesday
- Moni Agias Triados Closed Thursday
- Moni Varlaam Closed Friday
- Moni Agiou Nikolaou Closed Friday