Budget: Less than €60
- Hostel, camping or simple room: €20–25
- Picnic or meal at basic taverna: €10–15
- Admission Iraklio Archaeological Museum: €10
- Apartment or double room in family hotel: €35–70
- Meal at nice taverna with wine: €25–30
- Hire car per day: €35
- Admission to Knossos & Iraklio Archaeological Museum: €16
Top End: More than €150
- Double room in boutique hotel or beach resort: from €120
- High-end tavernas and gourmet restaurants in prime locations: €35–70
- Activities like diving and boat hire: €80–150
Gentle bargaining is acceptable in flea markets and other markets, but elsewhere you are expected to pay the stated price.
There are ATMs throughout the town centre, including in Plateia Kanoupaki and along Koraka and Kothri.