There are plenty of sleeping options in Fira, but be prepared to pay a premium for a caldera view. Budget places without views are on the eastern side of town and offer some great deals out of the high season. Book well ahead, especially for July and August.
Practical Tip: Santorini Accommodation
Things to know about Santorini accommodation:
- Few of Fira’s sleeping options are cheap. For a caldera view, expect to pay a premium.
- The sky is the limit here and in Oia: luxury accommodation is everywhere, with all the trimmings (private terrace, plunge pool etc).
- Consider accommodation in Firostefani and Imerovigli if you don’t mind a walk into Fira. There are plenty of quality hotels and restaurants with caldera views here too.
- Many hotels on the caldera rim cannot be reached by vehicle and may involve several flights of steps. Many hotels have porters who can help with luggage.
- Some domatia touts at the port may claim that their rooms are in town, when they’re actually a long way out; ask to see a map showing the exact location.
- Some places may offer free transfer to the port or airport; other places may charge €12 upwards for a transfer.