When to Go
High Season (Jul & Aug)
- Queues at big sights, heavy traffic, busy beaches.
- Prices for lodgings are at their peak.
- Meltemi winds can make sandy beaches unpleasant.
- Hot days, but balmy evenings and warm sea for swimming.
Shoulder (Apr–Jun & Sep–Oct)
- Best time for hiking and outdoor activities.
- Moderate temperatures, smaller crowds.
- Wildflowers in springtime, grape harvest in autumn.
- Lower rates and wide availability for lodgings.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- Sights, attractions and restaurants scale back their hours; beach resorts close down.
- No crowds at major sights.
- Locals have the most time to sit and chat.
- Highest chance of rain.