Money and Costs
Budget: Less than €130
- Dorm bed: €25
- Pension double: from €75
- Souvlaki or pitta (pie): €2.50
- Ouzo with snack: €3
- 90-minute transit ticket: €1.40
- Double in midrange hotel: €90–180
- Traditional taverna meal: €12–15
- Museum and site entry fees: €5–20
- Taxi across town: €5
Top end: More than €250
- Double room in top hotel: from €180
- Trendy restaurant meal: from €30
- Cocktail: €10
- Acropolis tour guide: €75
Major banks have branches around Syntagma. ATMs are plentiful enough in commercial districts, but harder to find in more residential areas.
- Restaurants If a service charge is included, just round up the bill. If there's no service charge, leave 10% to 20%.
- Taxis Round up the fare by a couple of euros. There's a small fee for handling bags; this is an official charge, not a tip.
- Bellhops Bellhops in hotels and stewards on ferries expect a small gratuity of €1 to €3.