What to Take
- Malaria tablets
- Diarrhea medicine
- Insect repellent
- Hiking boots
- Lightweight walking trousers
- First-aid kit
- Digital thermometer
What to Wear
Ghanaians tend to dress more formally than Westerners. While shorts are fine in Accra, other big cities and tourist areas, you might feel more comfortable in a long skirt or trousers in more conservative areas, particularly in the north. Take long sleeves and trousers for the evening, as well as something smart if you want to visit some of Accra's fancier dining or drinking establishments.
- Organise your tourist visa in advance at your local Ghanaian diplomatic mission.
- Check that your passport has at least six months validity after your intended departure date.
- Make sure you've had the relevant vaccinations.
- Start taking your antimalarial tablets.
- Book your first night's accommodation.
- Carry a Visa card with you to use at local ATMs.