Stuttgart is known for
Beer & Beer Festivals
- Cannstatter Volksfest Get your oompah-pah groove on at this mammoth autumn beer fest.
- Biergarten im Schlossgarten One of Stuttgart's best beer gardens, with 2000 seats and a fab Schlossgarten location.
- Kraftpaule Tap into Stuttgart's craft beer scene at this urban-cool microbrewery.
- Palast der Republik A public toilet born again as a chilled kiosk for a late afternoon beer.
- Paulaner am alten Postplatz Leafy beer garden and pub for Paulaner brews.
Museums & Galleries
- Kunstmuseum Stuttgart Alexander Calder’s colourful mobile guides the way to this glass cube of a gallery.
- Landesmuseum Württemberg Housed in the medieval Altes Schloss, this museum reveals Stuttgart's history through artefacts.
- Porsche Museum Race over to this space-age museum for all things fast and Porsche related.
- Schweinemuseum Pig out on porcine facts at this museum in a former slaughterhouse.
- Staatsgalerie Stuttgart A vast repository of art through the ages – from the 14th to 21st centuries.
- Württembergischer Kunstverein A first-rate roster of contemporary art.
Gardens & Viewpoints
- Fernsehturm Views over the city to the Swabian Alps from this 217m-high TV tower.
- Schlossgarten Pretty riverside gardens that are home to the zoo, beer gardens, a theatre and more.
- Turmforum The cityscape opens up from this tower atop the Hauptbahnhof.
- Wilhelma Zoologisch-Botanischer Garten This mix of zoo and botanical gardens is a surefire kid-pleaser.
- Stuttgarter Weinwanderweg The buzz of the city fades on these trails leading through the vines.
- Grabkapelle Rotenberg Pantheon-inspired burial chapel on a vine-strewn hill, with far-reaching views.
- 5 Modish Michelin-starred number, with inventive menus aimed at pleasing your five senses.
- Christophorus This gourmet restaurant at the Porsche Museum goes full throttle, with excellent beef and more.
- Olivo Shining with a Michelin star, this posh address turns out refined French dishes.
- Délice Intimate choice for season-driven cuisine presented with finesse.