ATMs abound in the city centre, though not all take every type of card. All major credit cards are widely accepted.
Reisebank Best place to change and withdraw money at the Hauptbahnhof.
You could get through an entire trip around southern Germany without giving a single tip. Few service industry employees expect them these days, though most still appreciate a little extra when it comes their way.
- Hotels Generally €1 per bag.
- Pubs Leave a little small change for the barman.
- Restaurants Round up the bill to the nearest €5 (or €10) if you were satisfied with service.
- Taxis Round up to the nearest €5 so the driver doesn't have to hunt for change.
- Toilet Attendants Unless a price list states exact rates, €0.50 is about right.