Flights & getting there
Koblenz has two train stations, the main Hauptbahnhof on the Rhine’s left bank about 1km south of the city centre, and Koblenz-Ehrenbreitstein on the right bank (right below Festung Ehrenbreitstein).
Regional trains serve villages on both banks of the Romantic Rhine, including Bingen (€14.60, 50 minutes, two per hour).
Direct Hauptbahnhof services include:
- Bonn (€17, 40 minutes, up to four per hour)
- Cologne (€20, 50 minutes, up to three per hour)
- Frankfurt (€31, 1½ hours, up to four per hour)
- Mainz (€22, one hour, every 30 minutes)
- Trier (€24, 1½ to two hours, two per hour)
Some Romantic Rhine villages are also served by buses (www.rmv-bus.de) that stop outside the Hauptbahnhof. Bus 650 goes to Boppard via Schloss Stolzenfels (€7.10, 40 minutes, two per hour), while bus 570 goes to Braubach/Marksburg (€8.20, 35 minutes, two per hour).
The Fahrplan Rhein-Mosel-Bus services link Koblenz with Frankfurt-Hahn Airport (€11.50, 1¼ hours, six per day).
Several boat companies have docks on Konrad-Adenauer-Ufer, which runs along the Rhine south of the Deutsches Eck.