Budget: Less than €120
- Hostel, camping or private room: €15–30
- Low-cost meal or self-catering: up to €8
- Day ticket on public transport: €5–7
- Private apartment or double room: €60–120
- Three-course dinner at a good restaurant: €30–40
- Couple of beers in a pub or beer garden: €8
Top end: More than €200
- Fancy loft apartment or double in top-end hotel: from €150
- Sit-down lunch or dinner at top-rated restaurant: €100
- Concert or opera tickets: €50–150
Gentle haggling is common at flea markets; in all other instances you’re expected to pay the stated price. In hotels, you may get a better rate if you're staying more than one night.
There's an ATM on the side of the Postbank building in Hindenburgplatz, near the centre of town.