Hamburg's shopping may not rival its nightlife in profile, but there are numerous interesting finds – from mainstream to offbeat – as you explore the city. As a general rule, shopping possibilities reflect the neighbourhoods they inhabit – Neustadt and Altstadt are refined and upmarket, while St Pauli, Altona and St Georg are more about smaller boutiques and artsy corner shops.
- Altstadt Large departments stores and bookstores, but a few smaller boutiques.
- Neustadt Hamburg's shopping central with designer brands everywhere.
- St Georg Little boutiques and quirky shops along Lange Reihe.
- St Pauli & Reeperbahn Grungy and artsy if you know where to look.
- Altona & Elbmeile Boutiques, fashion and homewares.
- Mutterland The perfect German deli for gifts, picnics or a naughty sweet treat.
- Flohschanze Excellent Saturday flea market in Karolinenviertel.
- Koppel 66 Numerous stores and workshops selling arts and crafts under one roof.
- Atelier Nigoh Beautiful little backstreet store with often Hamburg-themed artworks.
- Apropos the Concept Store International designer accessories displayed like works of art.
Homewares, Art & Design
- Koppel 66 Hamburg's arts and crafts hub in St Georg.
- Sleeping Dogs Concept store spanning vintage to Scandinavian style.
- Wohnkultur 66 Danish work-of-art furnishings out in Altona.
- Søstrene Grene Mainstream Scandinavian homewares and knick-knacks, in Altona.
- Anne Zimmer Beautifully designed jewellery in a quiet corner of Neustadt.
- Ars Japonica Tasteful Japanese prints and other perfectly formed items.
Food & Drink
Clothes & Fashion
- Neustadt Spend any time walking through this neighbourhood and you'll find Hamburg's best fashion shopping.
- Apropos the Concept Store High-class designer accessories in this prestigious Neustadt address.
- Crazy Jeans St Pauli fashions with attitude – is there any other kind?
- Chapeau St Georg Hats, old and new, are all they sell here.