- KaDeWe The ultimate consumer temple has seemingly everything every heart desires.
- Bikini Berlin Edgy shopping in a revitalised 1950s landmark building near Zoo Station.
- Galeries Lafayette French je ne sais quoi in an uber-stylish building by Jean Nouvel.
- Dussmann – Das Kulturkaufhaus The mother lode of books and music with high-profile author readings and signings.
- Rausch Schokoladenhaus Palace of pralines and chocolate, plus ingenious model-sized replicas of famous Berlin landmarks – made of chocolate, of course.
- Hard Wax Key music stop for electro heads.
Berlin Fashion & Accessories
- lala Berlin Big city fashion label that reflects the idiosyncractic Berlin spirit.
- IC! Berlin Unbreakable and stylish eyewear for the fashion-forward.
- Trippen Handmade designer footwear that’s sustainable, ergonomic and stylish.
- UVR Connected Urban streetwear and classic cuts in muted colours; multiple branches.
- Kauf Dich Glücklich Indie concept store sells its own chic KDG collection along with Scandinavian designer brands.
- Another Country Quirkily run English-language bookstore-library-community living room.
- Pro Qm Floor-to-ceiling shelves crammed with tomes on art, architecture and design.
- Hundt Hammer Stein Expertly curated literary bookshop run by well-read staff.
- Dussmann – Das Kulturkaufhaus Vast literature and music emporium with extended shopping hours.
- Markt am Winterfeldtplatz Local institution with quality produce alongside artsy-crafty stuff and global snack stands.
- Türkischer Markt Bazaar-like canal-side market with bargain-priced produce and Mediterranean deli fare.
- Kollwitzplatzmarkt Posh player with top-quality produce, artisanal cheeses and pasta, homemade pesto and other exquisite morsels.
- Wochenmarkt am Boxhagener Platz Lively and colourful neighbourhood meet-up with great selection of unusual foods and snack stands.
- Markthalle Neun Thrice-weekly market brings regional bounty to a historic market hall.
- Flohmarkt am Mauerpark The mother of all markets is overrun but still a good show.
- Nowkoelln Flowmarkt This internationally flavoured market is also a showcase of local creativity.
- Flohmarkt am Boxhagener Platz Fun finds abound at this charmer on a leafy square.
- RAW Flohmarkt Bargains can still be had at this little market on the grounds of a railway repair station turned party zone.
Gifts & Souvenirs
- Ampelmann Berlin Berlin’s cute ‘traffic-light man’ graces everything from bibs to bags.
- Bonbonmacherei Souvenir candy made by hand in an old-fashioned candy kitchen.
- Herrlich Practical, stylish and tasteful gifts for men.
- Käthe Wohlfahrt Huge assortment of Christmas decorations and ornaments year-round.
- VEB Orange Fun and funky knick-knacks from yesteryear.
Malls & Department Stores
- Bikini Berlin The city’s first concept mall with hip stores and views of the monkeys at Berlin Zoo.
- LP12 Mall of Berlin Huge high-end shopping quarter with around 300 stores alongside apartments, a hotel and offices.
- Alexa Vast all-purpose mall with all the usual high-street chains and an exhibit of Berlin in miniature.
- KaDeWe The largest department store in continental Europe.
- 1. Absinth Depot Berlin Make your acquaintance with the Green Fairy at this quaint Old Berlin–style shop.
- Käthe Wohlfahrt Where it’s Christmas 365 days of the year so you can stock up on things that shine and glitter in July.
- Ampelmann Berlin The little traffic-light guy that helps you across the street has his own franchise.