Berlin in detail
Best drinking & nightlife in Berlin
Drinking & Nightlife
- Berghain/Panorama Bar Hyped but still happening Holy Grail of techno clubs with DJ royalty every weekend.
- Clärchens Ballhaus Hipsters mix it up with grannies for tango and jitterbug in a kitsch-glam 1913 ballroom.
- Club der Visionäre Summers wouldn’t be the same without chilling and dancing in this historic canal-side boat shed.
- Prater Biergarten Berlin’s oldest beer garden has been rocking beneath the chestnuts since 1837.
- Würgeengel Fun crowd keeps the cocktails and conversation flowing in a genuine ’50s setting.
- BRLO Brwhouse Local craft beer giant set up in stacked shipping containers with upscale food and beer garden.
- Schalander Off-the-tourist-radar gastro-pub named for the breakroom used by brewery workers.
- Pfefferbräu Tuck into hearty fare surrounded by big copper vats or in the beer garden in this revived Prenzlauer Berg brewery.
- Kuchenladen Some of the most tantalising cakes in town.
- Father Carpenter Top-notch coffee in a hidden courtyard near Hackesche Höfe.
- Café Bravo Breakfast, cafe and cocktails in an arty glass pavilion designed by US artist Dan Graham.
- Tadshikische Teestube Russian tea and food in an original Tajik tearoom gifted to the East Berlin government in the ’70s.
- Aunt Benny Local hang-out with delicious homemade American-style cakes.
- Berghain/Panorama Bar Big bad Berghain is still the best in town.
- Griessmühle Attitude-free party parlour with mixed crowd and canal-side outdoor zone.
- ://about blank Gritty techno hot spot with enchanting summer garden.
- Sisyphos Summer-only party village in retired dog food factory.
- Ritter Butzke Low-key but high-calibre electro club in ex-factory keeps it real with mostly local DJs and a crowd that appreciates them.
- Club der Visionäre Outdoor spot with willows on an idyllic canal popular for day-to-night partying.
- Schwarze Traube Pint-sized drinking parlour with bespoke cocktails.
- Becketts Kopf Wait for Godot while sipping supreme classics and seasonal inspirations.
- Thelonius Neukölln drinking reaches new heights at this perfect trifecta of soft sounds, lovely light and expert cocktails.
- Bar am Steinplatz Newbies and seasoned imbibers will be impressed by the supreme libations in this classy den.
- Buck and Breck Cocktail classics for grown-ups in a speakeasy-style setting.
Craft Beer Pubs
- Hopfenreich Berlin’s first craft beer bar also has tastings, tap takeovers and guest brewers.
- BrewDog Trendy Mitte flagship with 30 taps dispensing its own and guest draughts.
- Herman Specialises in Belgian suds from tap and bottle with over 100 on offer.
- Vagabund Brauerei Craft beer pioneers run by a trio of friends with a taproom in Wedding.
- Hops & Barley Fabulous unfiltered pilsner, dark and wheat beer made in a former butcher’s shop.
- Heidenpeters Tiny taproom brewed in the cellar of the Markthalle Neun.
- Eschenbräu Trend-free craft brewery with cosy cellar and chestnut-canopied beer garden, also makes fruit brandies.
- Mein Haus am See Any time is a good time to stumble into this 24/7 bar at Rosenthaler Platz.
- Roses This ‘Queen of Camp’ is the ultimate on Kreuzberg’s roster of eccentric trash dive bars.
- August Fengler When the party shuts down in Prenzlauer Berg, Fengler keeps going…and going…
- Kumpelnest 3000 Kitschy dive bar in a former brothel; not for the faint-of-heart.
- Klunkerkranich Hipster spot with urban garden and great sunset views atop Neukölln shopping centre.
- Deck 5 Beach vibe with a view from the top parking deck of a Prenzlauer Berg shopping mall.
- House of Weekend Club-affiliate delivers cocktails and barbecue at eye level with the Fernsehturm (TV Tower).
- Monkey Bar Trendy West Berlin lair with exotic tiki drinks and a view of the baboons at the Berlin Zoo.
- Amano Bar Bird’s-eye views of the Scheunenviertel at the sleek summer edition of the fashionable Amano hotel bar.
- Briefmarken Weine Oenophile den in former stamp shop for grown-up Italian wine fanciers.
- Vin Aqua Vin Eliminates wine bar trepidation with casual vibe and wallet-friendly vintages.
- Otto Rink For relaxed but demanding wine fans with a penchant for German wines.