Georgia in detail
When to go and weather
- The ideal seasons in most of the country are from mid-May to early July, and early September to mid-October, when it’s generally warm and sunny.
- July and August can be uncomfortably humid in the lowlands, with temperatures reaching 40°C. But this is an excellent time to be in the mountains, and it’s high season on the Black Sea.
- Best months for hiking in the Great Caucasus are June to September.
- Early autumn brings the festive wine harvest in Kakheti, from about 20 September to 20 October.
- The eastern half of Georgia often suffers below-freezing temperatures between December and February.