When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug, Dec & Jan)
- June to August are usually the coolest and driest months.
- December and January have plenty of sun and cooling showers.
- Festival month in July, with Heiva i Tahiti the highlight.
Shoulder (Feb, May & Sep)
- February is one of the hottest months; May and September are mild.
- Off-season discounts for accommodation
- Flights and accommodation can be hard to find; book in advance.
Low Season (Mar, Apr, Oct & Nov)
- March and April are hot and rainy.
- Pleasant in October and November.
- Watch for frequent school holidays when inter-island flights can be hard to book.