Hiking & Walking
Imagine waterfalls tumbling down fern-carpeted basalt cliffs, wild passionfruit vines draped over beach hibiscus trees, and dark caves, each with an ancient legend. Choose from short walks through botanical gardens to multiday treks far from the modern world.
- Te Pari & Fenua Aihere, Tahiti Coastal trail of waterfalls, caves, petroglyphs and leaping dolphins.
- Vaipahi Spring Gardens, Tahiti Stroll the waterfall gardens or trek up the hill through chestnut trees.
- Opunohu Valley Loop, Mo’orea From a lush valley, through archaeological sites to one of the most spectacular viewpoints in the country.
- Temehani Plateau, Ra’iatea Hike this high plateau in search of the tiare apetahi, one of the planet’s most rarest flowers.
- Nuku Hiva An island with a myriad spectacular treks along ridges, into waterfall valleys and along the coast.
- Papenoo Valley, Tahiti Delve into the deep, lush interior of Tahiti with archaeological remains and myriad trails.