Budget: Less than €130
- Dorm bed: €18–30
- Double room in a budget hotel: €90
- Admission to many attractions first Sunday of month: free
- Lunch menus (set meals): less than €20
- Public transport: €1.60–7.50
- Double room in a midrange hotel: €90–190
- Lunch menus in gourmet restaurants: €20–40
- Car hire: €35–80
Top end: More than €220
- Double room in a top-end hotel: €190–350
- Top restaurant dinner: menu €65, à la carte €100–150
- Opera tickets: €15–150
With the exception of the odd haggle at the market, little bargaining goes on in France.
Be warned: some Corsican restaurants and hotels, and most chambres d’hôte (B&Bs), don’t accept credit cards. Other places refuse card payments for amounts of less than €15. Always enquire first. ATMs are scarce in rural areas, especially in Cap Corse and L’Alta Rocca, so stock up with euros.