Information from Viator
Experience the grandeur of Versailles Palace and Gardens on a small group tour from Paris. With a maximum of only eight per group, this small group trip to Versailles ensures a more intimate experience. Hotel pickup from centrally located Paris hotels is included, taking all the guess work out of your trip. You can choose from a half-day tour (independent tour), either in the morning or afternoon, or a full-day tour (guided tour). On both the half-day and full-day tours you'll also be able to wander around the garden's groves and pools. If you visit Versailles on a Saturday or Sunday during April to October, you can see the famous fountain show in the gardens. The display is accompanied by music composed at the time of Louis XIV's court.
Half-day:Choose from a morning or afternoon departure from Paris. Your hostess will provide advice to help you plan your time at Versailles. An audio guide is available in 8 languages. Your tour of the Palace of Versailles will be independent without a tour guide. It includes free time to explore Louis XIV's fabulous suite of rooms, the grand Hall of Mirrors and the apartments of the Dauphin and Dauphine. (Approximate time spent at Versailles is two hours).Full-day: Your full day tour begins with a fully-guided tour of Versailles (1-hour) including the Royal Apartments, Hall of Mirrors, Queen's Bedroom and the Gallery of Battles. Enjoy lunch at La Petite Venise Restaurant. After lunch, it's time to explore the palace gardens and take a visit to the Queen's Hamlet, where Marie-Antoinette played at being a shepherdess in the 1780s. You'll then take a guided tour of the Grand Trianon (1 hour), a mini palace where Louis XV and Louis XVI liked to lead a quiet life outside the court of Versailles.
- Entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles
- Entrance fees to the Versailles Fountain Show Special Program (approx. 8 euros per adult)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Audioguide in 10 languages (French, English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean) of the State Apartments and Hall of Mirrors
What's not included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included